People's Survival Fund (PSF)The People's Survival Fund (PSF) was created pursuant to Section 18 of Republic Act No. 9729 (Climate Change Act of 2009), as amended by Republic Act No. 10174. It is a special Fund in the National Treasury for the financing of adaptation programs and projects based on the National Strategic Framework on Climate Change (NSFCC).
The Fund shall be used to support adaptation activities of local governments and communities such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Adaptation activities, where sufficient information is available to warrant such activities, in the areas of water resources management, land management, agriculture and fisheries, health, infrastructure development, natural ecosystems including mountainous and coastal ecosystems;
- Improvement of the monitoring of vector-borne diseases triggered by climate change, and in this context improving disease control and prevention;
- Forecasting and early warning systems as part of preparedness for climate-related hazards;
- Supporting institutional development, for local governments, in partnership with local communities and civil society groups, for preventive measures, planning, preparedness and management of impacts relating to climate change, including contingency planning, in particular, for droughts and floods in areas prone to extreme climate events;
- Strengthening existing, and where needed, establish regional centers and information networks to support climate change adaptation initiatives and projects;
- Serving as a guarantee for risk insurance needs for farmers, agricultural workers and other stakeholders; and
- Community adaptation support programs by local organizations accredited by the Commission.
Source: People's Survival Fund. Proponent's Handbook: A Guide on How to Access the People's Survival Fund.
Related Resources and Materials:
- People's Survival Fund. Proponent's Handbook: A Guide on How to Access the People's Survival Fund.
- Project Proposal Template
- Philippine Green Jobs Act of 2016 (Republic Act No. 10771)
- DILG Accreditation of Civil Society Organizations and Selection of Representatives to the Local Special Bodies
- COA-DBM-DSWD Guidelines for Accreditation of Civil Society Organizations as Implementing Entities of Government or Public Funds
- CCC Accreditation Guideline for Local Community Organizations