EligibilitySGP supports projects that feature the following:
- Implemented by an NGO, PO or CBO;
- Problem-oriented and focused on biodiversity issues;
- Responsive to relevant community needs;
- Part of an integrated development program within a larger bio-geographic area;
- Intended to build the internal capability of project partners;
- Coordinate, expand or strengthen other existing or ongoing initiatives;
- Include process documentation as part of knowledge management; and
- Develop partnership with other local and national stakeholders to ensure institutionalization and sustainability.
Organizations will be disqualified if they fall under one of the following criteria:
- Any organization that has an unclosed project with, or yet to return funds to, SGP (previous or present);
- Any organization that has a questionable track record, as evidenced by poor implementation of a previous project or unsound financial management practices;
- National or local government units, agencies, offices, instrumentalities;
- Schools, universities, colleges;
- Churches; and
- Political parties.